[GRASS-user] Gecoding Canadian Street Addresses.

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Aug 29 11:28:12 EDT 2006

Ahhhhh, the GFOSS community comes through....

I like what I see so far... Both windows and linux... And GPL'ed (what
ever the lesser refers to, but assume it is in the same spirit)

I notice you had some involvement... Thanks again for your
contributions...

I will have to try it out and check out what the schema stuff is all
about...

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Warmerdam [mailto:warmerdam at pobox.com]
Sent: August 28, 2006 17:43
To: Sampson, David
Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Gecoding Canadian Street Addresses.

Sampson, David wrote:
> Hey Folks...
>
> I am interested in creating datasets for the Ottawa area of Ontario
> Canada based on Street Addresses. There are some web based geocoders
> out there but they would render a product that could not be released
> under the PGL (Public Geodata Licence)...

Dave,

Have you looked at the PAGC geocoder?

   http://www.pagcgeo.org/

They are trying to work out details to ensure they have a good postal
code database to back this up.  You might want to drop a line to Dan
Putler about it.

Best regards,
warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo,
http://osgeo.org