[GRASSLIST:10166] Re: Problems with r.proj - grass 6.01

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Feb 6 10:58:29 EST 2006

hi maciek, dear grassers,

i followed the steps proposed by Maciek.

for information about region and resolution settings i attached the v.info and r.info-output from the different steps.

everything seems to work, but not the last step with r.proj.
grass60 is creating a raster-map by r.proj.

this raster-map has the right region, but no content (see r.info below: Range of data:  min =  nan max = nan)

is there maybe a problem with the proj-library?

thanks in advance
greetings
helli

<Helmut,

<I gues your problem is that you need to set up the region in BOTH inout
<and output location so it covered the extent of raster data you need to
<reproject. This can be easily achieved like this:

<IN INPUT LOACTION
<1 set up the region
<2 v.in.region type=line output=the_region

v.info from step 2:

v.info map=cregion layer=1
 | Layer:    cregion                        Organization:                     |
 | Mapset:   imagedate                      Source Date:                      |
 | Location: salzburgepsg                   Name of creator:                  |
 | Database: //home/helli/grassdata                                           |
 | Title:                                                                     |
 | Map Scale:  1:1                                                            |
 | Map format: native                                                         |
 |   Type of Map:  Vector (level: 2)                                          |
 |   Number of points:       0               Number of areas:      0          |
 |   Number of lines:        1               Number of islands:    0          |
 |   Number of boundaries:   0               Number of faces:      0          |
 |   Number of centroids:    0               Number of kernels:    0          |
 |   Map is 3D:              0                                                |
 |   Number of dblinks:      0                                                |
 |   Projection: Transverse Mercator (zone 0)                                 |
 |            N: 5321295.600    S: 5318948.400                                |
 |            E: 4563992.800     W: 4561644.000                               |
 |            B: 0.000         T: 0.000                                       |
 |   Digitize threshold: 0.00000                                              |
 |   Comments:                                                                |

r.info from the raster of the input-location:

r.info map=comp
 | Layer:    comp                           Date: Mon Feb  6 11:01:08 2006    |
 | Mapset:   imagedate                      Login of Creator: helli           |
 | Location: salzburgepsg                                                     |
 | DataBase: //home/helli/grassdata                                           |
 | Title:     ( comp )                                                        |
 |   Type of Map:  raster              Number of Categories: 32767            |
 |   Data Type:    CELL                                                       |
 |   Rows:         2347                                                       |
 |   Columns:      2349                                                       |
 |   Total Cells:  5513103                                                    |
 |        Projection: Transverse Mercator (zone 0)                            |
 |            N:  5321295.6    S:  5318948.4   Res: 1.00008522                |
 |            E:  4563992.8    W:    4561644   Res: 0.99991486                |
 |   Range of data:    min =  0 max = 32767                                   |
 |   Data Source:                                                             |
 |   Data Description:                                                        |
 |    generated by r.composite                                                |

<IN OUTPUT LOCATION
<3 v.proj the "the_region" you created in step 2
<4 g.region vect=the_region
<5 r.proj

v.info from step 3

v.info map=cregionsbg layer=1
 | Layer:    cregionsbg                     Organization:                     |
 | Mapset:   images                         Source Date:                      |
 | Location: bayern                         Name of creator:                  |
[...]
 |            N: 5355698.416    S: 5353360.038                                |
 |            E: 8608139.963     W: 8605864.833                               |
 |            B: 0.000         T: 0.000                                       |
 |   Digitize threshold: 0.00000                                              |
 |   Comments:                                                                |

r.info from the raster of the output-location:

r.info map=so00641compbay
 | Layer:    so00641compbay                 Date: Mon Feb  6 11:20:28 2006    |
 | Mapset:   images                         Login of Creator: helli           |
 | Location: bayern                                                           |
 | DataBase: //home/helli/grassdata                                           |
 | Title:     ( so00641compbay )                                              |
 |   Type of Map:  raster              Number of Categories: 255              |
 |   Data Type:    FCELL                                                      |
 |   Rows:         2340                                                       |
 |   Columns:      2276                                                       |
 |   Total Cells:  5325840                                                    |
 |        Projection: Transverse Mercator (zone 0)                            |
 |            N: 5355698.98489831    S: 5353359.0418025   Res: 0.99997568     |
 |            E: 8608140.67246773    W: 8605864.66151311   Res: 1.00000481    |
 |   Range of data:    min =  nan max = nan                                   |
 |   Data Source:                                                             |
 |   Data Description:                                                        |
 |    generated by r.proj                                                     |

<Maciek>

GRASS 6.0.1 (2005)

I gues your problem is that you need to set up the region in BOTH inout
and output location so it covered the extent of raster data you need to
reproject. This can be easily achieved like this:

IN INPUT LOACTION
1 set up the region
2 v.in.region type=line output=the_region

IN OUTPUT LOCATION
3 v.proj the "the_region" you created in step 2
4 g.region vect=the_region
5 r.proj

Maciek

W polskim Internecie s? setki milion?w stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
http://katalog.panoramainternetu.pl/