[GRASS-user] artifacts in interpolation

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 11:39:26 EDT 2006

Hy all.
I was resampling some DEMs with RST and kriging, and the results have
these weird artifacts,  take a look:

http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/temp/krig_artifact1.ppm

This is the region of the original SRTM

g.region n=7435400 s=7413260 w=284870 e=309890 res=90 save=japi
projection: 1 (UTM)
zone:       -23
datum:      sam69
ellipsoid:  sam69
north:      7435400
south:      7413260
west:       284870
east:       309890
nsres:      90
ewres:      90
rows:       246
cols:       278

and this is the one I am using to resample

g.region res=30 save=japi30
projection: 1 (UTM)
zone:       -23
datum:      sam69
ellipsoid:  sam69
north:      7435400
south:      7413260
west:       284870
east:       309890
nsres:      30
ewres:      30
rows:       738
cols:       834

Any ideas?
thanks

Carlos

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke