[GRASS-user] Newbie question on g.region

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 22:07:20 EDT 2006

Gary,

  If you don't need to match this DEM up with any existing grass data
(ie you want to create a fresh new location), you can use the
location= parameter on the r.in.gdal command to create the location
automatically based on the info contained in the DEM. Then exit out of
grass and start it back up and you should see your new location in the
list. Likewise your DEM should be imported into that location and you
can start playing with some GRASS tools.

Hope this helps a bit.

- matt