[GRASS-user] Georeferencing vectors and r.thin

Juan Daniel López Serna jjuanda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 12:07:51 EDT 2006

Hello,
    I'm trying to georeference a chart in PDF into a lat-long location. I
first convert it into JPG, import it into the unreferenced location using
r.in.gdal and so on (as seen on the tutorial). I need to digitize most lines
of the original chart and it looks tedious. I've tried using r.thin (to
convert it to vector with r.lines), but I get the following:

GRASS 6.0.2 (lemd):~/a > r.thin input=a_rect output=a_lines
File a_rect -- 3333333 rows X 3333333 columns
(null):  open_file:  error writing temporary file

   Does anyone know how to solve this? Anyway, is it possible to directly
georeference the original chart in some vectorial format converted from the
PDF without having to make the conversion to an image?
   Thanks very much in advance, and excuse this newbie questions. Regards,

Juan Daniel López