[GRASSLIST:10825] Re: draw gps co-ordinates with a varying circle around them

Philipp H. Mohr phm4 at kent.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 11:59:01 EST 2006

Hello,

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Michael Barton wrote:

> You can also use the thematic mapper (d.vect.thematic)

> >> Give d.vect.thematic a try.
> >
> > for bubble plots also try 'd.vect.chart ctype=pie' with only one data
> > column, size column.
> > or try 'v.buffer bufcol='  (sometimes buggy)

thank you for your answers. I have tried to use d.vect.thematic, but I ran
into a few problems.
I load my data in with:

	cat grass.in | v.in.ascii out=mypoints3 x=2 y=1 cat=3 columns='cat int, x double, y double'

I can draw the vector mypoints3 without any problems. But when I try to
display this vector with:

	d.vect.thematic map=mypoints3 type=point column=cat themetype=graduated_colors themecalc=interval layer=1 icon=basic/circle
	size=5 maxsize=20 nint=4 colorscheme=blue-red pointcolor=255:0:0 linecolor=0:0:0 startcolor=255:0:0 endcolor=0:0:255 monitor=x0

I get the ERROR: No such column [cat].
Could some one please tell me how to read the data in so that it can be
used with  d.vect.thematic.

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Phil