[GRASSLIST:201] Re: Problems with installation

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Mar 17 04:06:35 EST 2006

Julie Tittler wrote:

> I have followed the below instructions, and yet rpm still tells me
> that it cannot find the libsqlite3.so.0 library. When I do a find for
> the libsqlite3.so.0, I get the following:
>
> /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.0
> /usr/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0
> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0
> /home/julie/Desktop/libsqlite3.so.0
> /libsqlite3.so.0
>
> The file actually resides in /usr/lib64. All the other references are
> soft links I created to try to get it to work. Where can this thing
> possibly be looking for this file? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The rpm tool doesn't care whether you have a file named
"libsqlite3.so.0" installed on your system. It is basing its decision
on whether an installed RPM provides a feature named
"libsqlite3.so.0".

The problem is that either the GDAL RPM using the wrong name in its
"requires" list, or the SQLite RPM omitting the name from its
"provides" list.

You could try using the "--nodeps" option (I think; I haven't used Red
Hat in a while) when installing the GDAL RPM to simply skip the
dependency check.