[GRASSLIST:474] Re: Module.make

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Mar 30 04:53:57 EST 2006

Ana Soares wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've installed
>
>libgrass-dev <http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libdevel/libgrass-dev>
>
>using synaptic on ubuntu.
>
>But, even as root,  don't have the directory
>
>/usr/lib/grass/include/Make
>
>so I don't have the
>Module.make file
>

>root at ubuntu:/usr/lib/grass/include# ls
>CC.h          cdhc.h      dlg.h        graph.h      la.h          proto_dbmi.h  site.h
>D.h           codes.h     dlg_bm.h     grass        label_bm.h
>qtree.h       sitelib.h
>G3d.h         colors.h    edit.h       gstypes.h    lapack.h      raster.h      spawn.h
>P_datetime.h  config.h    form.h       gsurf.h      libtrans.h    readsites.h   sqlp.h
>P_site.h
>dataquad.h  geo.h        help.h       linkm.h       region_bm.h   std_incs.h
>Paintlib.h    datetime.h  geom.h       ibtree.h     lock.h        rowio.h       symbol.h
>V_.h          dbmi.h      gis.h        icon.h
>monitors.h    rtree         transform.h
>Vect.h        devlib.h    gisdefs.h    icon_bm.h    ogsf_proto.h  rtree.h       vask.h
>bdlg_bm.h     dgl         glocale.h    imagedefs.h  ortholib.h    search.h      vbuildlib.h
>
>bitmap.h      dgl.h       gmath.h      imagery.h    patterns.h    segment.h     vect
>blas.h        dig_atts.h  gproj_api.h  keyframe.h   pbmplus.h     shapefil.h    version.h
>btree.h       display.h   gprojects.h
>  kftypes.h    portable.h    shhopt.h      winname.h
>
>-----
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem ? Please ?

Apparently you want to compile GRASS commands without having the GRASS
source code.
This wasn't possible so far, but there is a new "GRASS Extension
Manager" in the works
which should probably do what you want:
 http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/ufg_BerDucke.htm

Maybe you give it a try and report back?

Markus