[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] 3D DXF output: howto?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 18:19:37 EST 2006

Maciek:
> > v.extrude?

of course! v.drape wish canceled.

Benjamin wrote:
> That's it! Just what I was looking for. v.out.dxf also seems
> to work for 3d points.
> There is so much stuff in GRASS, but you have to know where to look

If you find a big hole in the documentation, please add to the Wiki
(I've just added v.extrude,v.drape to the "3D help" page), or consider
writing an article about what you did for the GRASS Newsletter.

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Help_with_3D

Phillip Allen:
> Just one warning.  About 1-2 years ago I too looked at using blender
> an I discovered a problem.  Blender at that time could only work withe
> coordinates (x,y, and z ) in the range of +/-10000.00.  Which is a
> problem for most realworld coordinates.

v.transform can apply false eastings and northings to get the points
within range. see also the GeoVRML project, which was built to overcome
this sort of limitation in the VRML format (http://geovrml.org)

Hamish