[GRASS-user] AAIGrid import-export problem

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Nov 30 05:46:51 EST 2006

Hello,

I am stuck with a AAI grid export problem (r.out.gdal input=NAME
format=AAIGrid type=Byte output=NAME) and I have no clue if it is a gdal
problem or a GRASS (r.resamp.*) problem.

1) Import dataset (r.in.gdal) - export it straight afterwards (r.out.gdal see
above) - both raster images fit onto each other using QGIS

2) Import dataset (r.in.gdal) - applying r.resamp.stats (90m res in 1000m
res), export with r.out.gdal (see above) - new image has a shift of +/- 100
Km to the south-east compared to the original image

I assume its a r.resamp. problem but when I check the header files
(row,col,res.,proj, etc.) of both exported files, they are the same which
suprises me because they don't fit on each other.

Any idea where to investigate further?

regards, Martin