[GRASS-user] r.what and d.what.rast

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Wed Oct 4 00:56:22 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 18:13:16 +0200
Javier Álvarez Rodríguez wrote:

> Hi all,
> My problem is about I'm obtaining different results when using d.what.rast
> and r.what.
> Using interactively d.what.rast on a map named bas, I obtain these
> results:
>
> 361421.875(E) 4540953.125(N)
> bas in DATOS, quant   (854)
> bas in DATOS, actual  (854.000000)
>
> Then I write x and y coordinates in a file named pp3.txt
>
> 361421 4540953 (no matter real or integer coordinates)
>
> and when using r.what
> r.what bas at DATOS < pp3.txt
> result is 860

I'm not sure of the cause, but in doing some tests of the same data
set, it would appear that r.what is probably reporting incorrectly.

I looked at the code briefly and can't see any obvious errors, but I'm
ccing the developers list to see if anyone has seen this bug before.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)