[GRASS-user] spatial reference problem

cliff clifferson c-cain at gmx.net
Sat Sep 16 14:25:01 EDT 2006

Hello,

i am a newbie to grass and gis in general.
I have laser-scan-data from Osnabrueck, a city in Germany, which
i want to import into Grass. I am pretty unsure about which
spatial reference model to use.
People who work with the same data in ArcView etc. use
"dhdn3degree_gauss_zone3", a national system.

Probably that is part of the "National Spatial Reference System"
which is the only thing i found on the internet.

Does anyone have an idea how i can use the same spatial reference
that Arcview uses in grass ?

Thanks alot,
Nico