[GRASS-user] Question about databases and vector files...

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 24 20:46:58 EDT 2007

Will all v.XXX commands work on vector files regardless of which database is
hosting the files?  E.g. if I have a point file that is in a postgis DB, can
I use commands such as v.buffer (and also have the results put back into a
postgis format)?  Sorry for the noob question, I'm still learning the
connection between databases and GRASS (is there a good readme anyplace?)

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar