[GRASS-user] installation problems

Vincent BAIN bain at toraval.fr
Sat Aug 18 03:48:16 EDT 2007

Hello,
Sorry if the problem below is not exactly a grass problem, but I hope
this is the best place to find people who encountered it...

I currently work on Ubuntu Feisty, so when I compile a program from
sources I use the classical procedure :
./configure [options]
make
sudo checkinstall

Checkinstall usually works but sometimes does not...
Particularly with packages related to grass like gdal or Qgis.

Let's take the example of qgis-0.8.1 :
checkinstall
        first says the installation is successful,
        then create the debian package successfully,
        then fails at installing the .deb.

The problem is it tries to overwrite files belonging to grass in the
directory /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/include/grass !

So I tried to pass checkinstall with the option
--exclude=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs/include/grass

but lately a similar problem occurs with gdal files, and even cmake and
ccmake files in the end...

Any idea ?

Thanks, and a good week end to all !

Vincent