[GRASS-user] 3D graphics, two problems

Tomas Lanczos lanczos at t-zones.sk
Sat Dec 1 12:44:36 EST 2007

I have two questions regarding 3D rasters:

1. is there any rule of thumb for generating 3D rasters by v.vol.rst?
The 3D raster represented by a cross section on the picture (see the
attachment) is generated from 2D vectors layered each 250 m in interval
-500 to -6000 below sea level. in the central part ther is apparent a
strong oscillation, the outer part is segmentated. How can I avoid those
artifacts changing settings (npmin > 500 is causing segfaults) ?

2. Using nviz the 3D raster is allways visualised above 0 m a.s.l,
however all is below see level (as I explained above). The raster
surface is visualised correctly, it should penetrate the 3D raster. Am I
doing something wrong, or is it a bug?

Many thnx in advance and regards

Tomas