[GRASS-user] Creating a ground water from a vector files of contours?

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 16:51:17 EST 2007

Hi Bob,

Glad to hear you are closer to a solution. v.surf.rst *should* be able to use
contour data (referred to as isoline data in the manual). it sounds like your
contours were imported as polygons, which would result in centroids being
present.

Either re-import your data as lines, or convert to lines. I am not sure that
converting areas to lines will preserve the connection between contour and
elevation attribute. Perhaps others on the list can provide some feedback on
this. For starters post the results of :
v.info your_contour_vector

Alternatively, as Hamish suggested you might try out r.surf.contour -- note
that this does not use the RST interpolator and has some limitation with
respect to NULL values. Also it only produces integer grids.

Cheers,

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette