[GRASS-user] Problems with r.le.setup

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 04:14:03 EST 2007

Andrew wrote:
> just compiled grass63 on a suse10.2 and am now having problems running
> r.le.setup.
>
> I would like to do the analysis centered on site but when I get to the
> last stage of selecting the sites vector the following error occurs.
>
> WARNING: Adapted sites library used for vector points (module should be
>          updated to GRASS 6 vector library).
> ERROR: G_get_site() not yet updated.
>
> I have created the sites using v.in.ascii command and it contains
> x,y,z,cat,
>
> Any suggestions on how I can calculate texture attributes for the site
> locations would be appreciated.

In GRASS 6 "sites" are considered vectors.

I am a bit confused how you got there though -- the non-functional sites
option was removed before GRASS 6.2 was released. Are you sure it's
GRASS 6.3? Does this happen when you enter the map names just as the
program begins or from the menus within the program?

this works for me:  (spearfish dataset)

GRASS63> r.le.setup map=elevation.dem vect=bugsites

Hamish