[GRASS-user] Re: [OSM-talk] Regarding libxml2 Installation to make osm2pgsql work in winGRASS

yuri bay ksh_wong at msn.com
Thu Feb 8 04:35:05 EST 2007

Hi all,

Nick, thanks for your email.  By libxml library does that mean libxml.dll or
the whole package?

First, I have downloaded the binary version of libxml2, and according to the
author there is no need to install (http://www.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/) in
order to use it.  But not sure how to link to the libxml2 library?  I have
put the libxml2 folder with its subfolders in the osm2pgsql dir and MinGW/
dir, I have the following errors:

gcc osm2pgsql.c -o osm2pgsql -libxml2
C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.2.3\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\Id.exe:
cannot find -libxml2

Is the 'Ixml2' at the end of your command a typo for 'libxml2'?

I have also installed the python bindings lxml but it requires libxml2 and
libxslt to be installed.  But I found the libxml2.dll and libxslt.dll in the
python path.  Does this mean libxml2 is properly installed, this is all too
confusing.

Any help and advice is much appreciated, many thanks

Best Regards
Casey