[GRASS-user] Grass62 on X86_64

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Feb 17 16:28:39 EST 2007

On Thu, February 15, 2007 00:42, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Brad Douglas wrote:
>
>> > We had enough problems building GRASS on FC6 that Markus had to help
>> us by
>> > directly logging into the machine. It turned out to be a very minor
>> issue,
>> > but infuriatingly difficult to find. Probably a growing number of
>> people are
>> > in the process of upgrading to FC6 so I'd like to add my vote for a
>> binary
>> > when you have time.
>>
>> Okay.  I'll try to throw something together for the 6.3 preview.  There
>> won't be PostgreSQL support unless I can find a way to make it
>> completely modular.
>
> AFAICT, that shouldn't be an issue any more.
>
> When I made the Cygwin binaries, I followed the historical procedure
> of: build --without-postgres, then enable it and build the PostgreSQL
> driver. The reason for this was so that NVIZ doesn't require libpq to
> run.
>
> However, it appears that NVIZ has long since stopped using libpq
> (runPg.c is there, but it doesn't get compiled or linked). AFAICT, if
> you build --with-postgres, the only program which will end up with a
> dependency upon libpq is the PG driver (driver/db/pg).
>
> OTOH, I could have sworn that someone was having problems quite
> recently due to something (other than the PG driver) needing libpq.

Maybe you are thinking of Huidae's WinGrass ? This was in September
(http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-September/036381.html), so I
don't know if this falls under "recently" ? ;-)

But so just to maje sure I understand: I can now build WinGrass directly
with Postgres support ? We have to test the other db drivers to see
whether the problems we are having are linked to the dbf driver or to the
general db framework.

Moritz