[GRASS-user] Question about deprecacted EPSG codes

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Feb 20 10:15:46 EST 2007

Hi,

I was trying to create a new location from the command line with:

g.proj -c location=NB_Stereo epsg=2036

but received a seg fault. Checking the epsg code list in the Grass startup epsg code browser, I see that code 2036 for New Brunswick Double Stereographic is deprecated. Is this the source of the g.proj -c seg fault, or is the seg fault unrelated? A second question is why are some epsg codes deprecated in the first place - what does deprecation mean in this sense? Does it imply that I won't be able to use this projection/datum combination in future versions of Grass?

Thanks,

~ Eric.