[GRASS-user] working properly with grass6.1

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Feb 26 16:07:41 EST 2007

Precila Salcedo wrote:

> I did experience the same problem when installing
> grass.i also installed it on windowsXP.could it be
> that OS has something to do with it? ...i just dont
> have any idea if GRASS fow Windows is being developed
> at the rate they are doing for Linux..

AFAIK, none of the active GRASS developers use Windows as their
primary development OS. Everyone who has worked on the Windows
versions (native and Cygwin) seems to be doing it for the benefit of
Windows users rather than for their own benefit. Needless to say, such
efforts are often interrupted by the need to do "real work".

> > Today i reinstall the GRASS on windowsXP using
> > online cygwin setup.
> > There was 2 different grass version installed
> > grass6.0 and grass6.1. When i execute  grass60.bat
> > this again produce the same problem

The current stable Cygwin version of GRASS is 6.2.1:

	http://grass.itc.it/grass62/binary/mswindows/