[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.3 Installation Woes on OS X

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 04:36:56 EDT 2007

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> .grass6rc is not something that must exist for GRASS to run.  Create
> it if you need it.  I prefer to use .bash_profile instead,
> since .grass6rc is loaded *after* the initial mapset selection.

little clarification:

.grassrc6 holds the GIS variables. It is not a series of shell commands.
It contains things like "DEBUG: 0".

.grass.bashrc (or .grass.cshrc) contains shell commands to be run at
initial mapset selection (creation of session shell). It contains things
like "export GRASS_WIDTH=800".

Maybe .grass6rc exists on your builds for the Mac, I'm not sure, but did
you mean to say .grass.bashrc not .grass6rc?

Hamish