[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.3 Installation Woes on OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jul 11 10:06:52 EDT 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 3:36 AM, Hamish wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>>
>> .grass6rc is not something that must exist for GRASS to run.  Create
>> it if you need it.  I prefer to use .bash_profile instead,
>> since .grass6rc is loaded *after* the initial mapset selection.
>

> little clarification:
>
> .grassrc6 holds the GIS variables. It is not a series of shell
> commands.
> It contains things like "DEBUG: 0".
>
> .grass.bashrc (or .grass.cshrc) contains shell commands to be run at
> initial mapset selection (creation of session shell). It contains
> things
> like "export GRASS_WIDTH=800".
>

> Maybe .grass6rc exists on your builds for the Mac, I'm not sure,
> but did
> you mean to say .grass.bashrc not .grass6rc?

Right, .grass.bashrc is what I meant.  Don't know if that's what Ryan
meant.  It's not in the Mac build.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy