[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] thanks to GRASS!

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Wed Jul 11 18:25:59 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 08:16 -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> I wonder if we should start a GRASS "library" on the main site or the
> WIKI where users could post PDF's or links to papers on using GRASS?

That's a great idea, but I wonder how practical it is.  I don't know how
journals work in other countries, but in the US, many prominent journals
strongly discourage such behavior (pre-publication).  After publication,
the journal typically owns copyright to the article, not the author.

This does not apply to US government employees, who's papers are
required to be put in the public domain.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>