[GRASS-user] new drag-n-drop mapset for Mac .app build

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jul 13 12:21:16 EDT 2007

It's now possible to drag a mapset folder to the Mac GRASS.app binary
to have it open that mapset immediately on startup.  This is exactly
the same as the commandline startup (which doesn't directly work with
GRASS.app):

   grass63 /path/to/db/location/mapset

AND, the equivalent commandline startup for GRASS.app (so you don't
need to type the full path to the grass.sh script or mess with your
PATH) is:

   open -a "GRASS-6.3.app" /path/to/db/location/mapset

Note that this will open a new Terminal window, instead of running it
in the current window.

In working this out, I also seem to have fixed the odd PPC problem
where running grass-xterm-wrapper once made it impossible to run
GRASS.app again until Terminal is quit (which meant GRASS also must
be quit).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin