[GRASS-user] Most efficient way to import a lat-lon shapefile into, say, a Lambert Conic Conformal location?

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 20 13:10:00 EDT 2007

List,

What is the most efficient way to import a lat-lon shapefile into, say,
a Lambert Conic Conformal location? Up to this point if I wanted to do
this, I would exit GRASS (6.2.1) from my Lambert Conic Conformal
location. Then, start-up GRASS in a lat-lon location, import the
shapefile, then, exit GRASS, and re-start GRASS into my LCC location,
where I would reproject the map from the lat-lon location into my LCC
location. OBVIOUSLY, this works (and I could write a simple script to
automate this), but it seems there ought to be a way to do this all
within my original LCC location. So, is there some way to do this — it's
not very obvious to me.

Regards,
Tom

--