[GRASS-user] Most efficient way to import a lat-lon shapefile into, say, a Lambert Conic Conformal location?

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:04:52 EDT 2007

You can create a new location in the import step, so you don't have to
exit from your lambert location.

On 7/20/07, Thomas Adams <Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov> wrote:
> List,
>
> What is the most efficient way to import a lat-lon shapefile into, say,
> a Lambert Conic Conformal location? Up to this point if I wanted to do
> this, I would exit GRASS (6.2.1) from my Lambert Conic Conformal
> location. Then, start-up GRASS in a lat-lon location, import the
> shapefile, then, exit GRASS, and re-start GRASS into my LCC location,
> where I would reproject the map from the lat-lon location into my LCC
> location. OBVIOUSLY, this works (and I could write a simple script to
> automate this), but it seems there ought to be a way to do this all
> within my original LCC location. So, is there some way to do this — it's
> not very obvious to me.
>
> Regards,
> Tom
>
> --
> Thomas E Adams
> National Weather Service
> Ohio River Forecast Center
> 1901 South State Route 134
> Wilmington, OH 45177
>
> EMAIL:  thomas.adams at noaa.gov
>
> VOICE:  937-383-0528
> FAX:    937-383-0033

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke