[GRASS-user] grass 6.3 bug

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue May 29 12:53:57 EDT 2007

Bug confirmed... Adding "-x" in the first line of v.dissolve shows the error:

v.dissolve input=soils at PERMANENT output=soils layer=1 column=label
+ table=soils
+ '[' -z soils ']'
+ v.reclass input=soils at PERMANENT output=soils at PERMANENT_23874 layer=1
column=label
dbmi: Protocol error
ERROR: Cannot open select cursor: SELECT cat, label FROM soils ORDER BY
       label

It appears that the DBF driver doesn't support correctly "ORDER BY". Too
bad.

Trying dry run in PERMANENT:
echo "SELECT cat, label FROM soils ORDER BY label" | db.select
D3/3: Order selection by label
dbmi: Protocol error

At this point also PG and SQLite and MySQL will fail, since the originating
file is DBF and hence "ORDER BY" fails.

I am a bit surprised at this point since I dissolved maps recently.

Markus