[GRASS-user] Intersections on World Map

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Fri Nov 2 07:51:50 EDT 2007

hmmm
really strange...
did you verify the topology of the world map?

v.build map=$map

ciao

Il giorno gio, 01/11/2007 alle 16.11 +0100, Martin Bley ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I still get stucked on an issue using v.overlay. I imported
> a shapefile
> with the world continents (the one from ESRI). Projection
> is Lat-Long.
> Then I draw a line using v.in.ascii representing a latitude
> e.g.
>
> VERTI
> L  2 1
>  -180 -80
>  180 -80
>  1 1
>
> Now I use the following command to merge the intersection
> between the
> latitude (80 South) and the areas in the world continents
> vector.
>
> v.overlay ainput=$vector atype=line alayer=1 binput=World
> btype=area \
>  blayer=1 output=$out operator=and
>
> Works pretty well so far, until I reach latitude South 75+.
> Intersections doesn't
> match continents anymore (please see attached PNG file).
>
> I would appreciate any hint.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg.
Preferisco formati liberi.
Please try to avoid to send me  .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg files.
I prefer free formats.
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formato_aperto
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_format

Ivan Marchesini