[GRASS-user] NVIZ and 3D polygon

aswin indraprastha aswinindra at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:10:22 EST 2007

Dear All,
I am doing 3D modeling of a complex urban area (buildings and
topography) for my research.
First, I try to look if Grass (via NVIZ) could handle 3D polygon.
When I try to import my dxf model (modelled in SketchUp Pro) with
v.in.dxf, everything is OK.
But apparently, in NVIZ it came with error message :
invalid command name ".middle.panelarea.panels.vect.mid.row2.label2"
invalid command name ".middle.panelarea.panels.vect.mid.row2.label2"
    while executing
"$row2.label2 select"
    (procedure "mkvectPanel" line 91)
    invoked from within
"$cmd $W"
    (procedure "set_new_curr" line 16)
    invoked from within
"set_new_curr $type [string range $temp 5 end]"
    (procedure "add_map" line 11)
    invoked from within
"add_map vect"
    invoked from within
".middle.panelarea.panels.vect.top.new invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .middle.panelarea.panels.vect.top.new"
    (command bound to event)
I had tried with different dxf version, lowering 3D resolution,
different dxf exporter (sketchup, blender) but no result.
Is it something with OpenGL setting? I am using Grass 6.3 in Leopard.
Or something else I miss?

Thank you for your kind help

--
Regards,