[GRASS-user] Creation of location is problematic in Ubuntu

Seppo.Kaitala at fimr.fi Seppo.Kaitala at fimr.fi
Fri Nov 16 06:18:40 EST 2007

I have used GRASS6.2.* in FC 7 and in Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10. (all from
binaries).

Creation of new location goes smoothly in FC 7 but in both versions of
Ubuntu (Gnome)  I have had problems in creation of new location.
When it asks for parameters and if I give an command LIST, it lists  datum
list, but I can't get back to the command prompt.  The the programm fails
and the location is created without proper definitions. Somebody might
advise to run g.setproj, but if I remeber correctly the same problems here
and  actually it is easer for me to edit directly the file DEFAULT-WIND.

Best regards

Seppo Kaitala