[GRASS-user] 3D Geometry and multiple import

aswin indraprastha aswinindra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:13:39 EST 2007

Hi, All
Thank for your support on my previous problem with v.digit and nviz.
In fact, I reinstall Tiger again and GrassGIS 6.3 with all framework,
and all the problem is gone. Moral of the story, be careful with your
system configuration (for those who run on MacOS).
However, I have new basic question, in Grass GIS in principal :
When importing 3D model using v.in.dxf, is Grass support multiple
import with the same location?
I am dealing with city model, and I want to import each of 3D building
into grass, instead of using extrude facility. I already had site plan
georeferenced in Grass as vector map, and I want to place 3D model
from CAD software to each building's lot . Is it possible?
Any comment would highly appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Regards,