[GRASS-user] 3D Geometry and multiple import

aswin indraprastha aswinindra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 03:37:54 EST 2007

Sorry if my question is not quite clear.
I want to build an campus area in GrassGIS. My primary 3Dmodelling is Sketchup.
Since there is no detailed geo-referenced map in my case, I begin to
develop base map by rectifying scanned map from existing vector map.
It was campus site plan. So now, I have vector map of campus plan  in
Grass GIS.
How do I assign each building so that if I import into Grass, they fit
exactly to their position in vector map (site plan)?Of course,
SketchUp does not have coordinate system.
It is important for me because I want to build attribute on each
building using Postgresql connectivity (spatial database).
I have not try v.transform yet.
I had looked your NY map, how you import different 3D shape of
building into Grass?

Thank you again for your kind support.