[*** SPAM ***] Re: [GRASS-user] 6.3 cvs in gutsy

Malte Halbey-Martin malte at perlomat.de
Mon Oct 29 15:28:25 EDT 2007

Hi Tomas,

Here are some of my problems with gdal-issues compiling GRASS 6.3 from cvs:

I ran into problems after I compiled 6.3. I couldn't start GRASS, it
always crashed of missing libgdal.XXX.so1 (in that manner you described)
After creating symlink to the existing libgdal.1.3.2.so.1, it all whent
fine.

Did the problem occur, when you use the --with-gdal option when you run
./configure

--with-gdal=/usr/bin/gdal-config

Maybe you have to add the libs to your /etc/ld.so.conf. Is there an
entry like /usr/lib?
If not, add it and run sudo ld.config.

As I said, these are the traps where I've been caught by compiling GRASS
from source. Hope one of these helps ;-)

Malte