[GRASS-user] v.dissolve bugfeature / workaround needed

Moskovitz, Bob Bob.Moskovitz at conservation.ca.gov
Thu Aug 7 14:21:53 EDT 2008

Hello Moritz and Peter,

I have the v.dissolve problem too.  I'm running GRASS 6.4.svn (is there a way to tell what svn revision I'm using?) on Hardy Heron X86_64.  Hope this info tells you something:

 > v.dissolve input=alquist_priolo_eq_zones_mrg_ll83 at PERMANENT output=efz layer=1 column=FaultName
Segmentation fault
dbmi: Protocol error
ERROR: Cannot open select cursor: SELECT cat, FaultName FROM
       alquist_priolo_eq_zones_mrg_ll83 ORDER BY FaultName
ERROR: Unable to open vector map <efz_24149 at PERMANENT> on topology level 2
WARNING: Table <efz_24149> linked to vector map <efz_24149> does not exist
ERROR: Vector map <efz> not found in the current mapset

 > v.info alquist_priolo_eq_zones_mrg_ll83
 | Layer:           alquist_priolo_eq_zones_mrg_ll83                          |
 | Mapset:          PERMANENT                                                 |
 | Location:        CGS_SW_FaultLines                                         |
 | Database:        /home/bobm/Data/Grass                                     |
 | Title:                                                                     |
 | Map scale:       1:1                                                       |
 | Map format:      native                                                    |
 | Name of creator: bobm                                                      |
 | Source date:     Fri Nov 17 11:47:54 2006                                  |
 |   Type of Map:  vector (level: 2)                                          |
 |   Number of points:       0               Number of areas:      2242       |
 |   Number of lines:        0               Number of islands:    788        |
 |   Number of boundaries:   4630            Number of faces:      0          |
 |   Number of centroids:    2224            Number of kernels:    0          |
 |   Map is 3D:              0                                                |
 |   Number of dblinks:      1                                                |
 |         Projection: Lambert Conformal Conic                                |
 |               N:  4959352.74991602    S:  3929916.63677083                 |
 |               E:   341967.39773093    W:  -438465.59887675                 |
 |   Digitization threshold: 0                                                |
 |   Comments:                                                                |

 > v.info -c alquist_priolo_eq_zones_mrg_ll83
Displaying column types/names for database connection of layer 1:
INTEGER|cat
DOUBLE PRECISION|ID
CHARACTER|COUNTY
CHARACTER|QUADNAME
CHARACTER|FaultName
CHARACTER|HistoricSR

Bob Moskovitz
Research Analyst I
Seismic Hazard Evaluation Project
California Geological Survey
http://gmw.consrv.ca.gov/shmp

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message contains information from the State of California, California Geological Survey, which may be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.