[GRASS-user] grass6.4 develbrunch revision 32726: undefined reference to `G_no_gisinit'

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 13 14:12:15 EDT 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 12:30 PM, G. Allegri wrote:

> Thanks for the tips. Just a question: why gdal recompiling is needed?
> Is the version changed?
>
> 2008/8/12 Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:
>>

>> On Aug 12, 2008, at 11:06 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

>>> You need to recompile the GRASS plugin, too.
>>> Also QGIS, if you use. And the GRASS-R interface...
>>> Essentially everything, which uses the GRASS libraries.
>>>
>>> (we backported to 6.4.svn a method to avoid that outdated GRASS
>>> libs are picked up, this AFAIK requires a recompilation of the
>>> depending
>>> libraries and programs).
>>
>> Does this require all new frameworks on the Mac?

The necessity for rebuilding I think means if you want your binaries
to use a newer GRASS 6.4.

Software on OSX has library paths and versions hardwired, so there is
less chance of breaking something with a different version.  ie, Qgis
built with GRASS 6.3 support will continue to use GRASS 6.3, even if
GRASS 6.4 is installed (the GRASS app keeps versions as separate app
packages).

But if you had previously built Qgis for GRASS 6.4, then updated GRASS
6.4 which now includes this new versioning method, THEN you'll need to
rebuild Qgis (or GRASS GDAL plugin or R extension).

Note: for my GDAL framework and Qgis, they use GRASS 6.3, so no
updating of those is needed, but you do need to keep GRASS 6.3
installed.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy