[GRASS-user] opening .GML map

Pierre Nouvellet pierrenouvellet at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 14 08:41:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've just download GRASS 6.0.0 on my Mac 10.3.9
I'm no computer expert at all, so i download a all in one version with
libraries and dependencies,

I downloaded some maps from digimap in the .gml format and when i use
v.in.org to translate them i recieve the message:
"ERROR 1: Unable to create Xerces C++ based GML reader, Xerces support
not configured into GDAL/OGR.
ERROR 1: File
/Users/pierrenouvellet/Desktop/data/Folder/18251507-MM-topo_00.gml appears
to be GML but the GML reader can't
be instantiated, likely because Xerces support wasn't
configured in."

any tips on what I should do? Simple explanation would be most appreciated!

Cheers,

Pierre