[GRASS-user] G_malloc: out of memory

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Dec 1 14:14:55 EST 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 12:46 PM, Adam Dershowitz wrote:

>> I have 6.4 SVN binaries online now.  Tested on Leopard so far.  I
>> also updated the build instructions in the source.
>>
>> A couple important changes from my previous binaries (the build
>> instructions also reflect these changes):
>>
>> - It uses ActiveTcl 8.5 now for the TclTk GUI and NVIZ.  This "aqua-
>> fies" the TclTk GUI.  The X11 TclTk is not bundled now and not
>> needed.
>>
>> - It uses up-to-date wxPython binaries, even on Leopard.  Starting
>> with wxPython 2.8.8, it can install to be used with the Leopard
>> system Python 2.5 as well as the python.org Python.  This may
>> interfere with the wx gui in GRASS 6.3, but it's not as well
>> developed anyways.
>>
>> -----
>>

> I downloaded this.  So far the basics seem fine, but I get an error
> when I try to use nviz.  The error is below:
>

> Do I have to separately install a new version of TclTK?  I have both
> whatever is installed with the default 10.5.5, and I also use
> MacPorts and I have tcl 8.5.5 and tk 8.5.5 installed from Macports.
> Do I need to install something else?  Or is nviz just looking in the
> wrong place and needs to get pointed in the right direction?

Yes.  It is mentioned in the readme.

The GUI can use any TclTk, but NVIZ and v.digit require the TclTk 8.5
Aqua framework (ActiveTcl or compiled from source).

OSX 10.5 only has TclTk 8.4 Aqua.  There are problems with this version.

I'm not sure about Macports, but I think that's an X11 TclTk.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan