[GRASS-user] raster data from one location to another

José María Michia jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 04:10:47 EST 2008

2008/12/11 Daniel Victoria <daniel.victoria en gmail.com>:
> To transfer from one location to another take a look at r.proj
>
> It's used to do projection transformation and it does so by copying
> from one location to another.... I guess it should work if both
> locations have the same projection, that is, copy from one location to
> another

I've tried r.proj as you suggest. The problem is that source location
don't have projection information. Is a XY location. Not georrefenced
location.

I've used this location to fix the extents of a raster map. I get
wrong extents when import some tifs. r.in.gdal reports invalid values
(i.e., lon>180).  But, I've solved this problem by editing the TFW
file manually (I think that this is correct approach).

Thanks Daniel.