[GRASS-user] Permission denied (again!)

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Feb 5 19:54:29 EST 2008

O.K.

1. grass -gui (or grass62 -gui) does not allow me to create a new
LOCATION anywhere

        *using ESPG just ends up with:

"WARNING: Please restart GRASS.... (closint it for you now)."

        *using Georeferenced file ends up with:

/usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator: to set an icon, please use -name <profile>
and set a profile icon
/usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator: to set an icon, please use -name <profile>
and set a profile icon
    while executing
"exec -- $env(GISBASE)/etc/grass-xterm-wrapper -T g.proj -n g.proj -e
$env(GISBASE)/etc/grass-run.sh g.proj -c georef=$filepath location=
$fileLocation"
    invoked from within
".fileloc.def invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .fileloc.def"
    (command bound to event)

        *** using Projection values does the job! I can create a
PERMANENT
mapset and I can create with the gui (exit and relaunch GRASS) further
mapsets.

2. Launching grass63 (release fetched with svn,
configured-compiled-installed) does not have any problems.

My questions is:

What is the difference when creating a new LOCATION in text mode from
trying to do so with the GUI (EPSG's or Georef.file)?

My GRASS GIS data base, where I try to create new LOCATION(s) is:

 ls -ld grass_db/
drwxrwxrwx 6 nik nik 136 2008-02-06 01:43 grass_db/

.

Any Unix/Linux tricks here?