[GRASS-user] Display Of Tiff Raster file Stored on HDD in Grass

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Feb 13 05:49:56 EST 2008

I forgot to cc to the list before... so once again, and this time more
clear:

* check the projection system information of your tif file with gdalinfo
from the commandline.

(man gdalinfo for help)

* and then... (the message I forgot to cc to the list):

You have to know in which coordinate system your "nf42_geo.tif" data is
projected. If you are sure that your data is projected in the coordinate
system which you assigned in your LOCATION

(with g.region -o you get that info as well)

then just use an extra option to ignore these errors:

-o in the commald line or the respective box in the GUI "Override
projection"

e.g. CLI: > r.in.gdal -e -o in=nf42_geo.tif out=tm

By the way,

it is very helpful and saves time and energy to consult tha help pages
always. There are (almost) always the necessary examples and
explanations.

--
Nikos Alexandris
.