[GRASS-user] d.rast.edit does not save edited cells (?)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 07:41:01 EST 2008

Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> And why not having a magic "key" with which one can "fly" over pixels
> with the mouse pointer and assign new values instead of "countless
> clicks".

FWIW I find the old xmon & terminal based d.rast.edit's 3 button
click-workflow to be incredibly well thought out and implemented. It
has a nice compromise of speed, simplicity, and caution which has a
natural feel to it. The need for an undo button is not as great if you
have a same-button confirmation click. Having to do a pseudo double
click doesn't slow you down much, and the mid-click higlight gives your
brain a chance to reconsider/redo.

The annoying thing with the old version is that you can't add a value
outside of that map's range, but that relic has nothing to do with the
workflow design.

Hamish