[GRASS-user] wxpython gui: d.vect.thematic raises error

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Feb 25 18:43:30 EST 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 9:42 AM, G. Allegri wrote:

> SECOND ERROR: d.vect.thematic
>
> I create a thematic vector map (from the gui). It's a point layer. I
> ask to use graduated_points on a double type attribute.
>
> Execution failed: 'd.vect.thematic map=topsoil_completo at tesi
> type=point column=Ece themetype=graduated_points themecalc=interval
> size=9 maxsize=25 nint=10 colorscheme=blue-red --q'
>
> GRASS_INFO_ERROR(16631,1): *** You must open a display monitor ***
>
> The same error raises if I launch it from commandline both in
> wxgrass and tcltk.
> Again, I loose control on the GUI and got to kill it.
>

> In Grass tcltk this command works correctly:

Sorry I missed your reply. It was trapped by my spam filter.

This works exactly as it should, since you are not running it in the
gui, but from the command line. You have to have a window to display
the thematic map IN.

If you add a thematic layer in the GUI layer manager, it will take
care of this chore.

But if you want to do it the old fashioned way from the command line,
you need to specify a display of some kind. The default is an x
monitor, but you can also display from a PNG file. You have to launch
these using d.mon.

Michael