[GRASS-user] Re: v.generalize for polygons?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 21:25:36 EST 2008

Hi,

> the idea is to simplify the map before running v.extrude to get
> something > like this:
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass60/screenshots/images/inc_employ_usa_2002.jpg

for the record, I was trying to recreate that with v.extrude + NVIZ,
but couldn't figure out how do color shade the different elevations. I
now realize that the screenshot was made in NVIZ from a 2.5D raster
image with colors set by r.colors and elevation from raster cat.

So I can do v.to.rast and solve my task that way, but it would still be
nice to know the answer to the v.generalize question.

Hamish