[GRASS-user] v.generalize for polygons?

Daniel Bundala bundala at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 06:25:22 EST 2008

Hi,

I am not sure that I understand correcly what you are trying to do,
but as far as I remember, the boundaries are generalized as polylines.
That is, if the boundary contains some corners, they might be removed
which might create the holes. Also, "ovesimplified" lines are removed
by default. These are the lines that are shorter than the threshold.
However, there is a flag(-r?) which prevents the module from removing
them.

Daniel