[GRASS-user] SRTM and r.fillnulls - using neighboring tiles

Jamie Adams jaadfoo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:20:57 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm trying to devise an efficient way to fill voids in SRTM, using
neighboring tiles when there is edge nodata.  In the end, I want to have
tiles matching the input, just lacking any voids.

My initial thought is to write a simple gdal python script to determine
which tiles have edge nodata and only process those.  I'll then write a
script to:

 - determine which tiles are neighbors
 - merge those into a single temp dem
 - set the region to the desired tile
 - r.fillnull the temp file, creating an output with the correct extents

This should work, though I'm thinking there must be a more efficient way.
Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

Jamie