[GRASS-user] v.out.ogr multiple

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jul 9 07:03:08 EDT 2008

On 09/07/08 10:42, Gabriele N. wrote:
> Hi Moritz.
>

> Moritz Lennert-2 wrote:
>> On 08/07/08 22:33, Gabriele N. wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>> I want to create a script bash (GUI) to export many vector in shapefile
>>> having the opportunity to decide which export layer (0, 1, 2) and
>>> type=line,area ecc..
>> Does this mean interactive decision layer by layer, or that the module
>> should allow for entering layer and type as an option ?
>>
>>> I would also like to know if you can use the characters as' * 'to be able
>>> export all instance vector starting with' nome_vector ....'.
>>>
>>> There is already some scripts? If not, I started to write something in
>>> bash
>>> but I am in difficulty.
>>
>> It will have to be something like:
>>
>> for map in `g.mlist type=vect pattern=$GIS_OPT_PATTERN
>>    do
>>     v.out.ogr $map type=$GIS_OPT_TYPE layer=$GIS_OPT_LAYER
>>    done
>>
>> where GIS_OPT_PATTERN would be something like 'nome_vector*'
>>
>> If you need to automatically decide which layers and types to export,
>> you might be able to do some grep/awk magic with v.category -g $map
>> option=report.
>>
>> Moritz
>>

> I would like to insert layer and type as an option.
>
> Attached is what I have done (GUI and script). However, there are errors.
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p18356967/Schermata-v.out.ogr_multiplo.sh.png
> Schermata-v.out.ogr_multiplo.sh.png
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p18356967/v.out.ogr_multiplo.sh
> v.out.ogr_multiplo.sh
>
> Where I wrong?

It would be easier to help you if you gave us more information about the
errors...

But from looking at your script, I already see this:

for map in g.mlist type=vect pattern=$GIS_OPT_PATTERN

should be:

for map in `g.mlist type=vect pattern=$GIS_OPT_PATTERN`

note the backticks (`)

and then

v.out.ogr input=${map} ...

should be v.out.ogr input=$map