[GRASS-user] dyld: Library not loaded

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jul 17 22:23:45 EDT 2008

On Jul 17, 2008, at 8:53 PM, Dwight Needels wrote:

> I do not have a specific need for GPSBabel 1.3.5. I deleted the
> installer
> receipt for your GRASS version and reinstalled 6.3.0-1 [same
> problem]. I
> then downloaded and installed your 6.3.0-2 [same problem]. I also
> tried
> commenting the gpsbabel path out of my $PATH statement [same problem].
>
> When I view the contents of your GRASS package, the version of
> gpsbabel has
> a modification date of 7/3/08 (8:15p). The version 1.3.5 from
> gpsbabel.org
> has a modification date of 5/4/08.
>
> I only get the dyld library error when I use GPSBabel from within
> GRASS
> without an explicit path; it works fine when I use an explicit path
> to the
> gps.babel.org version or when I use a fresh (non-GRASS) Terminal
> session.

It's possible some version is first in your shell PATH somewhere.
With GRASS running, whichever version is giving you problems, type in
the Terminal window:

type gpsbabel

This will tell you which binary of gpsbabel is used by default.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.