[GRASS-user] removal of duplicate points

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 12:58:56 EST 2008

Hi,

I have some "squares" which are stored as polygons. When converting these to
points (v.to.points) I am left with the 5 points (first and last point are
duplicated) that define the corners of the "square".

Is there a vector module (v.edit / v.clean) that could remove duplicate
points? I would like to replace the manual operation with v.digit with
something that can be scripted. Note that there are multiple "squares", so a
simple v.out.ascii | head -4 | v.in.ascii  would be a little awkward.

Ideas?

--
Dylan Beaudette
Soil Resource Laboratory