[GRASS-windows] Re: [GRASS-user] Xming as X server for winGRASS?

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Fri Mar 14 08:08:40 EDT 2008

Paul Kelly wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Luigi Ponti wrote:
>
> [...]
>> Paul:
>> echo %PATH% says:
>>
>>   C:\msys\1.0\bin;C:\Perl\bin;
>
> I think that's the problem then. You need to *add* those directories
> to the PATH, not *replace* the PATH with them. The correct command
> should probably be something like
> set PATH=C:\msys\1.0\bin;C:\Perl\bin;%PATH%
>

> I'm not sure on the problem with the PNG driver.
>
> Paul

OK, thanks: I had probably stripped off %PATH% from the grass63.bat file
while modifying the PATH. Now it works fine. The PNG error:

    [...]
    PNG: collecting to file: c:\output.png ,
    [...]

...there was a blank after the PNG filename [note the comma not right
after the file name above], which made the extension '.png ' unknown.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

Regards and thanks again,

Luigi